Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Meal Planning Monday (5 March 2013)

Despite the fact that we just eat plants, I am feeling a lack of greens at the moment. Sounds silly, I know, but I can always tell when our greens quotient has fallen as I begin to fantasise about plates just piled high with plain cooked vegetables, rather than cooked up into particular dishes. So, this week, there will be lots of side veg and lots and lots of greens.

With this in mind, yesterday we headed to our local(ish) Morrisons store, which has recently refitted its fruit and vegetable section. We'd heard some really good reviews of it, but even so I was amazed at what I saw. A run of the mill supermarket selection transformed and extended with piles of exotic vegetables that I actually need to look up to remind myself of what they are! And the greens section has water misted over it continuously to keep things fresh. Never seen that before!

I know it is a little sad to get excited about a supermarket, and in general I am not a fan of the places, but I had to seriously restrain myself from cramming too much into the trolley. The prices could have been a bit lower, but you can't have everything. Turmeric root - they actually had turmeric root! And the mushroom selection...well, I just hope it sells well enough to continue so we can indulge ourselves there once a month.

Onto this week's meals. As ever they are plant-based, with a little room in the schedule left for leftovers which I am trying to have more of to lighten the daily cooking burden.



Black eyed pea & vegetable lemony stew
enough leftovers to have for lunch with bread

Dosa (Indian crispy pancakes) with vegetable curry and dhal
never made these before but I loved them in India

Lentil Herder's Pie with sweet potato topping
with...greens!

Mushroom & lentil pie, potatoes or sweet potatoes and greens
the filling is leftover from our roast dinner on Sunday

Vegetable & bean burger, with a bun and mixed veg fries
am determined to crack a 'chewy' texture burger, rather than a squashy one

Slow cooked vegetable soup
...with added greens

Mexican Bean pasta soup

Smoothies
we're back on the daily smoothie wagon

Baking
Chocolate muffins
Almond & quinoa muffins
Omega rich flapjack (new recipe I'm working on)

 For a looksy at what other people are eating this week, head over to At Home with Mrs B or if you are Stateside, go to I'm an Organizing Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment