Monday, 8 April 2013

Mama's Plant based Weekly Meal Plan (8 April 2013)

This week I have done a more detailed meal plan as things have felt a little disorderly in the kitchen of late. In response I have finally worked up a proper pantry list which will help with large dry goods shops and I might even branch into fortnightly meal planning, but no promises!

I have felt pretty perky this week and am loving my new domestic focus. It feels very satisfying to work steadily through the house sorting, decluttering, tidying and cleaning. And that, people, is a sentence I NEVER thought I would say! Some kind of magic is at work and we are all very much liking the results of a good looking home that doesn't have you constantly staring at things that yell "clean me!". Yes, of course, a lot of people can do this kind of thing without even thinking about it but that is not me so it is both novel and a relief to find myself getting organised.

To add to my perkiness, I had a lovely Easter weekend with family and am being taken out to dinner tonight by my lovely husband!

So, onto food. As ever, the menu is plant based (vegan friendly).

Monday
Lunch: Soup and bread
Dinner: Out! Yay!

Tuesday
Lunch: dhal, cabbage & carrots and flat breads
Dinner: Quinoa Spaghetti (based on this recipe)

Wednesday
Lunch: Soup and bread
Dinner: Roast dinner

Thursday
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Homemade tortillas with mexican beans and greens

Friday
Lunch: Soup and bread
Dinner: Curry, rice and veg

Saturday
Lunch: homemade pizza
Dinner: Leftovers

Sunday
Lunch: Sandwiches
Dinner: Pie, mixed veg mash and...more veg!

Breakfast extras and snacks
Polenta breakfast slice
Smoothies
Banana Loaf

For a looksy at what other people are eating this week, head over to At Home with Mrs B or if you are Stateside, go to I'm an Organizing Junkie


6 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Org Junkie… your menu looks so yummy! Plant based... hmm I am dying for summer and all the fresh foods!

    Blog: http://www.3boysandadog.com

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I too am looking forward to having more variety in the veg, though we need some warmer weather for it all to grow!

      Delete
  2. Hi I am reading your blog for the first time, through At home with Mrs M and I just wanted to say I am loving your blog and the food that you're posting. I agree about the weather - had enough of winter now please can we have some heat - snow in April for heavens sake! You mentioned two weekly menu plans - could you go back over the plans you've already got on your blog and stick two back to back? Have a great week. Harriet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Harriet, thanks for reading my blog. Can you believe we got stuck in snow again just last night? It's getting unreasonable now... Good idea about combining my old meal plans, I haven't looked back over them for ages (my mind's a bit sow these days). Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a delicious week! I'm in the middle of spring cleaning and having a good sort at out at home too and despite hating cleaning it's rather satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's astonishing how good it can feel, isn't it? With every unwanted item I get rid of, or swap for something I do need (my favourite way!) I feel a bit lighter.

      Delete