Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Mama's Weekly Plant Based Meal Plan (15 April 2013)

My poor wee man is teething ferociously at the moment and also has balanitis so he's not feeling too chipper. Needless to say the nights aren't brilliant either so I'm an interesting mix of bleariness and nervous energy. So far I've put it to good use with a good push at laundry (perfect drying conditions today with beautiful sunshine) and some mega dusting and tidying in the play room. I am averting my gaze from the state of my desk - I'd need mechanical diggers to get through to the desk surface - and just concentrating on what I can do in small chunks of time.

I have also prescribed myself a nice big slice of slightly stale banana fruit loaf which is perfect with a good covering of (non-dairy) butter!

This week's meal plan is easier on the cooking than it looks and what cooking there is will stock my freezer, which is sadly bare. Just so long as little man lets me get in the kitchen occasionally for more than two minutes at a time, we'll not starve!




Monday
Lunch: Sandwiches
Dinner: Roast with nut cutlets, Yorkshire puds and lots of veg

Tuesday
Lunch: Mexican Bean & Tomato pasta soup
Dinner: Bulgar Wheat & Quinoa Risotto (leftovers) with veg

Wednesday
Lunch: Curry with dhal and flat breads
Dinner: Some kind of pie. With veg.

Thursday
Lunch: Vegetable soup with sandwiches
Dinner: Curry, rice and veg

Friday
Lunch: Soup and bread
Dinner: Homemade tortillas with mexican beans and greens

Saturday
Lunch: Homemade pizza and salad
Dinner: Leftovers

Sunday
Lunch: Sandwiches
Dinner: Quinoa Spaghetti Bolognese

Breakfast extras and snacks
Polenta breakfast slice
Smoothies
Banana Loaf

For a looksy at what other people are eating this week, head over to At Home with Mrs B or if you are Stateside, go to I'm an Organizing Junkie


2 comments:

  1. Wow, a really interesting week. Love the sound of the risotto.

    Hope Felix recovers quickly from his balanitis. Not nice (my son had a variation that wasn't quite balanitis, but not pleasant).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. Felix is gradually getting there, though hampered by the teeth and a horrible cold too. We'll all be glad to see the back of this little run!

      The risotto is good but I've not posted the recipe yet as there is a flavour missing that I cannot decide on. Once I've figured it out I'll share it here.

      Delete